Website Navigation for Screen Readers


Search through opportunities >

HOUR has compiled a resource of programs and funding opportunities supporting research, travel, and presentation expenses from across the university. Search using relevant fields to identify options that may help you.

Identify JHU faculty & researchers >

ForagerOne is a resource database featuring many Hopkins faculty and researchers from across all divisions. The platform allows students to identify researchers and projects that match their interests.

Apply for HOUR programs

All HOUR programs are open to registered Hopkins undergraduates in good standing and strongly encourage applications from students from underserved backgrounds or those with no prior research experience.

Explore great online resources

HOUR staff has identified these sites to help students identify external opportunities and funding during the academic year and for summer.

For students needing signed agreements to participate in external research, internship, and other immersive opportunities (both domestic and international)

We understand the value of student internships, externships, practicums, and other outside the classroom learning experiences with host institutions. However, JHU is limited in its ability to enter in an agreement with a host institution. JHU may enter into an agreement with a host institution for a student learning experience when:
a. The agreement, or a letter, is solely to verify that the student is enrolled at JHU in an academic degree program; or
b. When the student internship or externship is part of an academic curriculum requirement counting toward a degree in one of the JHU schools (in this scenario there must be a JHU faculty advisor and an educational plan and goals consistent with the degree curriculum for the student to complete during the internship or externship).
*NOTE: the process to get the opportunity approved and all documents signed and returned may take 2 weeks or longer. Please plan accordingly.

For any students proposing projects working with human subjects in any manner:

All projects involving human subjects (including interviews) MUST be approved by the Homewood Institutional Review Board (HIRB) office prior to starting. Information about HIRB requirements and the approval process can be found here. Contact with any questions and to begin the approval process prior to starting any research. In order for HOUR to release funding for such projects, students must provide an IRB determination letter for our files.

For any students proposing a project requiring international travel:

All projects involving international travel (including a country you are a citizen of) MUST be registered and approved by the Global Education Office (GEO) prior to traveling. Contact prior to scheduling your trip. For HOUR to release funding for such projects, students must provide an approval letter from GEO for our records.

Website Footer Navigation